- Kinetica’s Omega 3 is a highly concentrated essential fatty acid sourced from fish oil. Each 1000mg capsule provides a massive 48% EPA and 12% DHA which are vital for a healthy heart, good circulation and supple joints.
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are both long chain fatty acids. The richest source of EPA and DHA is cold water fish. The human body can also produce them from alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), which is available form vegetarian sources like Flax seed. But recent studies suggest that the conversion rate is relatively low, falling short of the amount needed to be beneficial (Gerster 1998).
EPA and DHA are incorporated into cell membranes. While EPA is present in a variety of tissues, DHA is particularly concentrated in the brain and the retina. Clinical studies indicate that omega-3 supplementation may be supportive for the improvement of brain activity during aging.
EPA is a precursor of a special class of tissue hormones called eicosanoids (best known being the prostaglandins). These play a major part in the regulation of metabolic processes and inflammatory reactions.
Recent studies have also shown that essential fatty acids can direct glucose (from digested carbohydrates) towards glycogen storage while at the same time directing other fatty acids in the body away from triglyceride synthesis (fat storage) and towards fatty acid oxidation. In simple terms, essential fatty acids appear to conserve carbohydrates while simultaneously burning fat.
- 1800mg of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids
- 1.2g of EPA per 3 capsule serving
- 300mg of DHA per 3 capsule serving
- Delivers essential fatty acids
- Helps maintain heart health and may improve mental performance
- Research proven
- Sourced from Norwegian coldwater fish
- Drug tested to ISO 17025 standards
- Contains 90 capsules
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.